Monday, May 31, 2010
knowing what to say
yesterday, Matt and I were in the backyard putting our new grill together while Connor was playing around in his little pool. It was way past his nap time, but for the most part he was still being pretty good and having so much fun in the water that we let him stay up and play. After a while, he started getting obnoxious. He kept trying to offer me food and asking what I wanted. Out of frustration one time, I asked him, "Do you know what I want, Connor?" (the answer was going to be 'a boy who listens'). He looks and me with confidence and says, "love. you want love mommy." I just couldn't be frustrated after that. I gave him a kiss and told him he was totally right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment