Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Terrible Twos??

So whoever said the "Terrible Twos" start at 2 obviously never had a 16 month old...because Connor has started them already. I think a lot of his frustration at stuff is not being able to speak what he is thinking in his head. When he does get his point across he is always so proud of himself.

In an effort to help diffuse his fits, we've started carrying him and putting him on the floor in his room, leaving the door open and telling him that when he's done with his fit, he is welcome to come back out, then leaving. For the most part, he ends up coming out within a minute, not crying and bringing in some new toy or book.

I just hope that since we're starting the "Terrible" phase early, that it will end early as well...but I have a feeling that won't be the case.

No comments: